Unlocking ABA Secrets with Hollie Beth Clauser: Autism Therapy Evolved
Hollie Beth Clauser is a passionate advocate for individuals with autism and a dedicated Applied Behavior Analysis (Aba) professional. With nearly 20 years of experience in the field, Hollie has made it her mission to help Aba practices improve staff retention and support clients in navigating their careers. As a person on the autism spectrum herself, Hollie brings a unique perspective to her work, understanding the challenges faced by those with autism and their families. Through her company, Behavioral Talent Consulting, she offers valuable insight and problem-solving abilities to help create better outcomes for all involved in the Aba process
- Research and understand the current methods and practices in Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) to see the positive changes and improvements made over the years.
- Be open to choosing a therapist for ABA therapy, making sure they align with your values and needs.
- Look for reputable ABA practices and agencies with high retention rates and positive feedback from clients.
- Advocate for yourself or your loved one by asking questions and ensuring the therapist is meeting your needs and expectations.
- If you feel that your current ABA therapist or agency is not providing the support needed, do not hesitate to change or seek alternative options.
- Consider seeking a diagnosis for autism or ADHD if you suspect that you or a loved one may be on the spectrum, as a diagnosis can lead to better understanding and support.
- Explore the terms neurodivergent and neurodistinct to better understand and embrace the unique perspectives and experiences of individuals on the autism spectrum.
- Encourage open conversations about autism and ABA therapy, dispelling myths and misconceptions to help others understand its benefits and potential for positive impact.
- Be vigilant of any negative changes in a person receiving ABA therapy, such as regression in skills or increased anxiety, and address these concerns with the therapist or agency immediately.
- Stay informed about advancements and best practices in ABA therapy, ensuring that you or your loved one receives the most effective and supportive care possible