I have talked about this in previous post. How important pets are to those of us with Autism, but I think need to bring up some good points that will help the parents out there understand how significant pets are.
When having a pet parents don’t realize all that it can teach their child. When you have a child who has trouble making friends and doesn’t quite understand impressionability yet having a pet can teach you those things.
Here are just a few things having a pet can help you child learn or give.
- Responsibility (walking and feeding)
- Now I do walk my dog every morning, that’s every dog we have ever had. I also feed my dog a few times a day.
- (a pet gives your son or daughter a friend, someone who doesn’t judge)
- Unconditional love
- (this is so important, because it helps with self esteem and confidence this goes hand and hand with responsibility)
- Their Mood
- When your son/daughter has a pet it also helps with their mood. When your pet puts their head in your child’s lap, its to reassure them and make them feel loved.
- Pets can also help with your child’s stress levels. With things the way they are, your kids stress levels will be high, but by petting a animal like a dog or cat or bunny, you can relieve their stress.