Andrea Pollack, a devoted mother and former lawyer, has been on quite the journey with her 24-year-old son who has autism. After noticing a lack of adequate support for her son in school, she left her 19-year career and homeschooled him for eight years. Andrea’s dedication didn’t stop there; she went back to school and earned her Master’s in education to better assist other parents facing similar challenges. Now, as the founder of Autism Parent Solutions, Andrea offers education and coaching to countless parents in need.
Support the show via my Patreon https://www.patreon.com/AspergersStudio
- Visit Andrea Pollack’s website, Autism Parent Solutions, for information and resources on parenting skills and mindset support for parents of children on the autistic spectrum.
- Consider homeschooling as an option for your autistic child if traditional schools are not meeting their needs.
- Look into alternative therapies, such as ABA therapy, to find what works best for your child.
- Advocate for your child’s needs in school by creating an IEP and finding a supportive school environment.
- Use headphones or other sensory tools to help your child manage their sensory sensitivities.
- Focus on building your child’s self-esteem by setting them up for success and recognizing their strengths.
- Don’t underestimate your child’s abilities or knowledge, even if they struggle to communicate in traditional ways.
Contact me here: